Friday, February 21, 2020

How My Brain Works

Mariana and I have the same source of inspiration: music. We both listen to music and create small scenes or scenarios inside our heads and create stories from there.

I have been doing this for a while. I have a playlist composed of songs that make me feel this way.

These are my random notes where I recorded those visions. (Yes it's in spanglish, the language of my train of thought)



Yes, a lot of them sound dark and include drugs I know jshsfskjfdsk but yea some of them are really cool. At least in my mind.

I wrote some of these ideas in a more detailed and developed way in our brainstorming google doc. But the problem is that a lot of these are cliche. A lot of these are simply little coming of age concepts that pretty much make up stories of teenagers in the media, and I want to do something different. We have both decided that we want to come up with a very sincere story, with a great emphasis on authentic writing. In my case, the first thing I visualize whenever it is that I eventually come up with a story is a small scene. Here's some of the few random things I've come up with:
  • Someone walking past their fishbowl at home, walks back to check if goldfish is dead
  • Opening scene: a staring contest
  • A line from a character: "I liked your hair the other day but I didn't tell you because I don't like you."
  • A waiting room
  • An establishing shot of a flier (inspired by a sign I saw outside a church in Chicago): "Searching, longing, hoping... We welcome you!"
  • Someone sitting on their bed and hearing someone doing a weird ritual from another room
  • Totally Wired by The Fall playing during a montage of someone being really very extremely tired
  • ^ I am a fan of irony
So yes, I'm hoping something sparks out of these little snippets my mind produces. I already have a few stories made up from these. I'll explain these in more detail on ze next post.

For now, here's the link for my visions playlist! I had mentioned it on my other blog last year. But here it is again, you know, for continuity purposes.

I have already used four of these songs in previous projects! Which is something I am really proud of. It shows how I'm capable of bringing my visions to life.

:)))))))))

No comments:

Post a Comment