Tuesday, February 25, 2020

I think I'm a sponge

We're in class right now currently trying to build the story. We also just had a lesson on screenwriting that sparked a lot of inspo.

I've realized that I can relate to Tarantino after the quote Tina showed us. I find myself being a listener and writing down random things that people say—the little idiosyncrasies. I am definitely more of a listener and perceiver than a speaker.

Update:

As of right now, I'm no longer working with Mariana. Tina helped us make the decision. We realized that although we work really well together, we both have different visions. And we would definitely be fulfilled to the maximum if we were to work individually because we would be guided by our own individual instincts.

I think this is for the best definitely. Either way, Mariana and I will still help each other during the process.

I think screenwriting might be my thing. I am inspired. I think I'm a sponge.

I have also decided that I am sticking to the story of loss. I don't have a title yet. I'll most likely come up with it in the end.

I was just sitting at the kitchen table with my mom and 12 year old brother (Philippe) while having lunch. She was talking to him about what was going on with my grandmother, trying to explain that she will be getting sedated through the abundant use of euphemisms. This conversation actually happened:

Mom: "So dad is flying to Lima to see Yaya (what we call my grandma). She's not doing well and once he gets there they will give her a medicine that will put her to sleep."

Philippe: "So melatonin?"

Mom: "A little stronger."

My mom and I couldn't hold it in and burst out laughing. I recorded the conversation on my notes, you know, for research.

The beautiful thing about making this film, is that this whole process will be an exploration of loss, and coping with it. Which will result to my ultimate goal: making a piece that bursts with sincerity and authenticity.

I am thrilled.

Next post will be all about genre research!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment