Wednesday, April 8, 2020

How to make tea

Today I decided I would film the last scene—the one where I make myself a cup of tea and I do not drink it. Here's the very messy and not completely complete shot list:


These are the props I gathered:


I had a teapot, a kettle, and the tea itself, and I gathered this teacup with the dainty lace placemat. Filming this by myself was a task because:
a) I had to record the audio and footage simultaneously
b) I had to set up the composition of the shots and then check them through the screen on my camera
c) I did very very extreme high angle shots and well, you can guess how that went. It involved standing on chairs and attempting to scoop tea from up there.



Thank the universe for tripods. I seriously don't know what I would do without them.

This scene ended up being wayyyy more time consuming that I thought, and recorded about 12 shots in 3 hours. I was tired by the end, and I still haven't finished this scene. I still have to film the shots where I appear.

Nonetheless, I had to stage the drying rack next to the sink, and I think I did a pretty good job:


Did a little bit of color coordination there. It was tough because my kitchen isn't exactly pretty. It's a mix of warm brown wood and black marble, which I admit is slightly tacky when trying to make a scene look pretty. I will definitely be experimenting with color grading!!!

I plan to finish shooting everything tomorrow, or at least complete the scenes with my mom and brother, just so I can stop bugging them and relax a little. 

No comments:

Post a Comment