Monday, April 13, 2020

Naming my baby

Hello good afternoon. A few updates:
  • I finished filming!!!
  • I started editing today!!
  • The New Abnormal is a great album and it's been on repeat since it came out!!
  • I don't have a name for my short film yet!!
And I have no clue what to call it, but I've decided I'm coming up with a name by tonight. I cannot express how lame it is to have to name all the audio and footage files "Short film A Level" because I don't have anything original yet.

In searching for inspiration. I looked up the meaning of my grandmother's name: Zoraida. Very interesting things came up. 
  1.  It has Arabic origin, and it means "enchanting" or "dawn"
  2. It is also likely Cervantes invented the name, there was a character named Zoraida in Don Quixote
  3. It was also the name of a minor 12th century Spanish saint, a convert from Islam
Three very interesting facts. Could I name my film Dawn or The Convert? No. Enchanting Woman??? No. None of these would make sense. 

So I do have the option of naming it Greetings From Heaven. It is what shows on the postcard, and I've been told it would definitely work as a title. I agree. Sort of. It does embody the content, but it does sound like some kind of cheesy early 2000s rom com. Am I wrong? Maybe. 

I don't know what to name it jsndgkjbjfks

My mom was saying I should name it something that radiates emptiness. She mentioned calling it "The Void" but: 


I feel like I already know about too many things named something related to a void and it just makes everything superficial and it would lose its essence because it would be compared to a song, a horror film, and a band. I hope you know what I mean. 

sdfghjkl; i dont know

I just happened to find an article named "Greetings From Heaven: A Modern History Of Heaven Tourism". Clever.

I thought of naming it something related to the symbols that appear in it: orchids, fish, chimes, or teacups. Maybe have a name in french or spanish? The two languages my grandmother spoke.

Maybe something related to euphemisms? Melatonin? I found this article with death euphemisms. Some are kind of funny not gonna lie. I didn't know "kicked the bucket" was a thing.

I'll just make a list here with the possible title options:

  • Greetings From Heaven
  • "L'aube" or "L'aurore" (dawn in french)
  • Tea Time
  • Gone Elsewhere
  • Elsewhere
  • Eternal rest
  • Departed
  • Paradis (paradise in french)
  • Flying Fish
  • Afloat
I guess I'll just reveal the name later this week when I come up with it my brain's too overloaded at the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment