Friday, April 17, 2020

Ze updated monologue

So as I mentioned before, I was going to keep all of my original idea for the film except for the monologue. It was going to have a more experimental focus, which shots that are more symbolic and photographic rather than literal. I also had to slightly shrink it because or else it was going to be too long. Here it is, the updated version:

When I was 7 I hated death. I didn’t know exactly what it meant. To die. But whatever it was, I was terrified. I would make up these superstitions in my head. “Don’t step on the grass; you’ll never see your mom again”.

I would wake up in the middle of the night to check how my mom's heart was doing, but my method often went wrong. So I switched things up a little for a boost of discreteness.

And when my goldfish died, I couldn’t understand it. I remember my mom saying “he’s gone to heaven and he’s swimming in the sky with all the other fish”.

11 years later. It was time for me to experience what losing someone real was like. Someone close. A loved one.





No comments:

Post a Comment