Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Branches and bunnies

It's day 2 of filming!!!!!

So my family makes up my entire cast, and they haven't really been in the mood to be on camera the past few days. But today's the day. I plan to shoot all of the monologue scenes today and all the other scenes tomorrow. So hopefully I can start editing tomorrow or Friday. I am calm though, because I have been working on my CCR and done research on websites. I think I'm on track.

Also, quick unrelated update! I got into my dream school for the Bachelor of Media Studies a few days ago. This is HUGE and I'm really happy with how far I've gotten :))))). UBC here I come (once this corona thing is over)!!!

Anyways, here's the shotlist we'll be going with!! I made a few changes, and I really liked my mom's suggestion: instead of doing the faucet thing she suggested I could show a little kid stepping on the roots of a tree, trying to not fall into the grass.



Also, I desperately needed a child for these scenes, so my neighbor and friend Ari helped me out and will be playing "mini me". Look how cute she is:




It was easy to have her act because she literally lives next door, which is super convenient. Also, fun fact, she came over barefoot and with that dress on. I did not think of asking her to wear a specific outfit, but the way she showed up was perfect!!!!!

We shot the scenes where she was outside walking on the tree branches, and they turned out super cute. My mom also had the great idea to have her hold a stuffed animal while she was walking around the branches, so I dug around my closet and found this bunny from when I was a baby. It was perfect.



Shooting the "night" scenes where really fun. It was obviously weird for a 6 year old to stick her finger under a 40 year old woman's nose (that isn't her mom). The angles and composition of the shots were a little improvised. But then again, this is a fully experimental film.




This is Ari slightly scared of my mom                                          This is her tucked in my sister's bed!

                                           

The tables have turned^                                                                 This is me having a little moment of                                                                                                       doubt and Ari not knowing what to do

We ended up dressing her in one of my sister's pjs with little kittens in it, which was really cute. I also had to experiment a lot with the lighting. As it was nightime I had to make it look a little dark, but when I turned off the bedroom lights it was way too dark, so I turned on the lamp on the nightstand from the other side of the bed, and managed to get very a nice, warm and subtle light. I'll definitely explain a little more of the visual aspects once I go into editing. I will do some color-grading!

I still have to shoot some of the other monologue scenes tomorrow, where my parents appear. Hopefully we will wrap it up tomorrow. I've decided I might have to borrow a mic from one of my fellow media people. I jest really want good audio🥺

But yes!!! Everything's going well. My mom and brother are already practicing their lines for tomorrow. I'm excited for these scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment