Saturday, March 28, 2020

Blogception

So I have been thinking about what my website will look like. I don't think I've ever seen a website dedicated to one specific short film. So I googled "short film websites" and I found this blog with a bunch of links to different websites with short films in them.

I clicked on all the links, and I guess the only one that I found to be most appealing was shortoftheweek.com!

I really liked the very dynamic and graphic aesthetic it had. Here's a screen recording!!


I also thought if the website for mid90s. I happened to do a case study for it last year, and the website design really stuck to me. I thought the split screen idea looked really cool. Here's another screen recording.



From what I found, here's a few conventions that film websites have, that I would like to include in mine:
  • Dynamic
  • Images that cover large portion of screen
  • Very minimalist
  • Usually link social media or streaming services where one could watch
I've never been THAT into website design, and I do admit it is something I would really like to master lol. I asked in the media group chat which website design services they suggested, and Luis HIGHLY recommended Wix. He said it was easy to use and had really nice designs so I followed his advice. I found the perfect template by looking up "film" on the template page:


This is the homepage!!!! It's perfect!!!! I think I will be going for this one. I have it all set. I just need:
  1. content
  2. a title
The title of this film has been making me lose sleep at night. I have no clue what to name it. I guess I'll come up with it at one point. It'll spark out of nowhere. That's usually how it happens for me. I guess I can listen to songs and come up with it??? Yeah, idk. I'll keep you updated on that.


No comments:

Post a Comment