Tuesday, March 3, 2020

The gist of it all

I have yet to participate on the group meting (i am the last one lol) and I will be doing so tomorrow.

So this is what I will explain:
  • This whole project will be an exploration of grief and loss. 
  • This is my first time ever losing a loved one 
  • I am using art as a way of overcoming
  • my own perspective/experience with grief
  • producing this as I am going through/experiencing it

So far I have a very rough idea of how my short film will be structured
  1. Opening monologue showing "montage" of main character as a little girl (past)
  2. It is revealed that she lost someone (present)
  3. Her moving onto the future; looking at life after death
Things I would like to incorporate:
  • Symbolism
    • orchids were my grandmother's favorite flowers
    • video game/computer game "losing lives"
  • dry humor - death can be funny
    • how children perceive death
    • what they are told
    • euphemisms
  • very heartfelt and sincere

I have already started writing the monologue! I will be talking more about it soon!!
I have yet to have the class discussion so I will definitely have more things figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment