Thursday, March 19, 2020

CH-CH-CH-CH-CHANGES (turn and face the strange)

Cheesy title, I know. But appropriate.

So we just concluded our Totally Normal Online Meeting with Tina. In summary this is what's going on:

  • 3rd quarter isn't over, there will still be more grades put up
  • Online school starts March 30th
  • We might have to change things up a little on this project
Basically we have two options:

a) Stick to the loss idea but change it up a little
b) completely scratch loss idea and make new idea

Do we have a preference? Yes. Ideally, I would like to stick to the loss idea, maybe change things up a little and replace a few scenes. I am kinda upset because that flashback scene with the wrinkly hands would have created the spine of the entire film. And now I cannot have wrinkly hand :(((((((

I am definitely going to be thinking this through more. For now, I will talk to my peers on what they advise I should do, and also email Tina for help. I will also be watching experimental films and get some inspo.

I have a feeling this project will turn out to be some kind of life lesson. Adaptation is so important, and it is a general theme I have found within my 18 years of life. This is a great opportunity to improvise a little and be able to adapt to this whole situation. 

I was also thinking, I will most likely be filming random clips as well as recording audio. Just so I gather content and hopefully create something with it. The other day I randomly recorded my parents from upstairs as they were drinking wine in the backyard. This is what came out:


My pupper was also there 🥺
A little off topic but: blog people, meet Kai, a 10 month Shih-Tzu (he's the cutest boi ever)


This is him when he was more of a baby!!!!


This is him more recently. A whole TWEEN.

So yeah lol that was my dog. But in regards to the clip of my parents. I feel like there was something so honest about their interaction. Idk, I just thought it was sweet and nice. That word "nice". Yeah it was just nice. I think I might be onto something. I will definitely post these random little snippets of the quarantine life I will be recording. For now, it's brainstorming time. And there will be a whole lot of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment