Monday, March 23, 2020

Embracing Mr. Death

Just got off the meeting with Tina! In other words: we have answers.

We're sticking to loss. And I'm happy I am!!

The story will be the same, but here's some of the changes I'm making (or here's how we're fixing the little tingz):

  1. The shots will be way more symbolic, experimental, tight, and detail oriented—show them as all the little parts of one whole piece. 
  2. ^this applies to all of it, but more on the monologue—as I do not have a child actor, I will be making the visuals way less literal than I had planned. I plan to record the monologue first and then see what images would fit into it. Kinda like building a puzzle little by little. 
  3. As for the old wrinkly hands, I could "share" footage with my classmates. Mariana happens to live with her step grandmother, so I could ask her to shoot something for me. Another option is to go for makeup?? I could play around with eyeshadows and shade my mother's hand?? Maybe?? Could work. We'll see. 
  4. Transform individual grief (my own) to what the whole family is experiencing. Focus on mom and dad, brother and sister.
Tina really liked the idea of me shooting random things around the house. It is a way of building a story gradually, with no thought out goal. I will definitely get some really nice content out of doing this, so we will keep it going :)

We are embracing loss!!!!!!! And we are happy we are!!!! 

Talking about hugging death, remember that music video by The Strokes I mentioned a few blogposts ago? I looked up the artist on Instagram and he happened to post this scene that was cut off from the music video. This is what he captioned it: 

πŸŽΆπŸ”›My favorite shot of the video, cut at the last moment because it was too sad. Kind of fitting for a video about loss. What do you think? Too sad or jussss right?


Yes Mr. Burakoff, my heart was torn but I also felt incredible warmth. Creativity is scary. 

This shot was so beautiful and I would've loved to see it in the video, but I do agree it might've been to profound for a song by The Strokes. I'm obsessed with it though. It's just so beautiful. And hey..."Kind of fitting for a video about loss". I am a fan of synchronicity.

Here's a link to the post!  His art is really cool. He also made the music video of When You Die by MGMT. (Warning: very really trippy)

We are really now on track. For real this time. I plan to shoot everything and edit this week (I have pleeeenty of time) and I will also be working on the CCR questions in the meantime. I have already started looking into platforms for the promotional website, and we'll also discuss those later :))

x

No comments:

Post a Comment