Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Auditions

No, I'm not planning on holding any auditions. I'm just mad at the fact that:

a) there's basically no time for me to do so
b) I can't contact Emma Mackey to play "me"

Image result for emma mackey

(Hi ily queen🥺)

But that's okay, this is an around $7 budget production. So, so far, my mom will be playing my mom, my dad will be playing my dad, and my brother will be playing my brother. Can they act? No. Well, I'm not sure, but we'll figure it out. I will need my inner director to do its job and do it well. I still need to cast someone to: 

a) play my younger self and
b) play "me"

I know my brother has a friend around his age who is actually an actress (how convenient right), so I might ask her! BUT...
I don't know who to cast as me. See, last year, I casted myself. I acted on my film opening. But this is completely different. My main character will be interacting with other characters. There will be actual dialogue. It won't be a monologue (basically) like it was last year. So this will definitely be tougher. So I have two options:

a) cast myself and have a fellow classmate help me out with filming some scenes
b) cast someone else and have a lot more control over the camera

I will have to think about this more thoroughly and ask around for opinions. As you can tell, I suck at making decisions (this is one thing I would very much like to change about myself lol). But yea!!!!!

ALSO! Random and exciting update!! Now that we're talking about acting and casting, I'm excited to announce that I'll be acting for Yejin and Joey's short film AND my friend Annika's film opening!!
😗✌️
I'm not a professional actress but I definitely do enjoy it a lot. I've loved acting all my life and I feel like it can be considered an important skill when writing for a film. My acting ideas come from being observant of the little idiosyncrasies. You know, the stuffs Tarantino said :)) So yea I'm excited!! Hi Tina, looks like you'll see me on your screen a few more times this year. Sorry if this sounded creepy LOL.

Also. I discovered I can use emojis on here which is kinda cool. Yay for ways of visualizing my facial expressions while writing stuffs in here!! (excuse my gen-z ness. At least I'm not consumed by TikTok (no shade))

No comments:

Post a Comment