Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Arts n crafts n goldfish

It's filming day 1!!

So I decided I would start off by filming the monologue scenes today, or as many of them as I could.

So I don't know if I mentioned this, but I do own a goldfish, and his name is actually Sushi. My sister won it as a price on a carnival she went in November, and somehow it is still alive and thriving and swimming around. The name was also her idea btw. A little cruel, I know. It's like naming your cow Stew or Burger.

I shot the fishbowl from different angles (experimental much) to see what would look best and just to play around really. Look at her experimenting and all:



I still don't know if I will 100% include these shots because my original idea was to simply show a decorated shoe box as the little "fish coffin" if you will, as I would speak about my goldfish dying.

But I did get crafty and turned this:




Into this:


I am now the queen of crafts. And it was also a nice therapeutic thing to do. You see that purple glitter heart in the corner? That was a mess. The little glitter container exploded when I tried to open it and I had to vacuum everywhere. Very really great stuff, I know.

I kinda felt like the worst human ever because I was making his fake coffin thing right in front of him. While he was alive and swimming and probably watching.





So because I had fish and art in my mind. I remembered this piece:
This is one of my favorite pieces from the 250 AP Art History pieces that I've studied throughout the year. It's called The Goldfish by Henri Matisse. It's just so nice to look at. It's so serene but lively at the same time.

Image result for matisse fish

And I was thinking that another option could be for my postcard to have fish in it??? 



I did this little concept doodle to figure things out a little. It's kinda like the symbol of the whole film. it embodies it which I like. I also think it shows a little more consistency in branding than my previous idea with the "Greetings from heaven". I still have to think about it a bit more. But I think it's a good idea.

So yeah! I got a bunch of footage for the monologue part, but I still have to put it together and fill in some parts. There will be more on these soon. As for the other scenes, my mom hasn't been feeling well these past couple of days and has stayed in bed because of a migraine (no, she doesn't have corona lol) so I can't really film the part where there's dialogue with her. So I am a little behind schedule, but I still have plenty of time. I have already started working on some of the CCR questions, and I will make a blogpost about those soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment