Sunday, March 8, 2020

Negative Space

We have an outline boiz (kinda sorta). I finally know how I am arranging the clutter of scenes I had in mind!!!
  1. monologue (about 30-45 seconds)
  2. scene recreating conversation with my mom and brother about the whole melatonin thing
  3. scene where main character is told to "come say goodbye"
  4. flashback scene with grandmother while drinking tea (show hands only)
  5. scenarios of main character interacting with teacup showing different stages of grief
  6. ending????? 
And I still have no clue how I will end it exactly. Once I'm done shooting all these parts, I am sure I will come up with something great.

This is an experimental film, which means I am experimenting. So, I will start shooting what I am already sure of, like the melatonin scene or the flashback with the teacup. We just be figuring stuffs out along the way, which makes this very exciting. I am currently writing up the monologue and thinking of the scenes I will shoot while the voiceover is heard. I'm excited for this little Amélie-esque type scene.

Also, I've been really into watching random animated shorts on YouTube for some reason. I came across this one which had themes of loss. It was also Oscar nominated!!! It was so simple yet so poetic without trying to. It was beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time. It felt extremely sincere, and the animation was just lovely. AAAAAAAA It was just perfect.

Here's a few stills:

Image result for negative space short film

Image result for negative space short film



Image result for negative space short film

Look how friggen pwetty^^^^

I am obsessed and I've been thinking about this film a lot. And it's also 5 minutes!!! It gave me a lot of inspiration on how to work with the theme, and the use of color in it is also very pleasing.

So yeah, I will keep you updated with the monologue and post my drafts soon :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment