Wednesday, March 4, 2020

It's all coming together (I think)

I just had a group discussion about my short film. Here are my notes. It's a very messy and has a quite vague collection of words but it worked for me.

In summary, this is what I will be incorporating:

  • My short film will be experimental
  • It will be an exploration (crucial word) of loss and grief
  • It won't necessarily have something that the audience can "learn", it will just be a very sincere portrayal of grief
  • ^If anything, it will provide an insight of what children feel towards death (with the intoductory monologue)
  • I might be showing my culture and reflecting my French and Peruvian roots through symbolism
  • It will be introduced with a comedic monologue on how my main character perceived death as a child
  • I will include a symbol to act as a "spine", probably be a tradition between the main character and the loved one who passed away
    • This could be drinking tea
    • The symbol will be the cup
  • It won't have a resolved ending, you know, when the character moves on. It will end in a "symbolic representation of further reflecting" (these are Tstok's words).
  • I want to show as many aspects of grief I can, but from my own perspective, so none of that "five stages of grief" stuff
  • ^more than anything, it will embody confusion. One not knowing what should be felt.
So yes!! I will start screenwriting soon. I already have a more exact outline in my head so I will be writing everything based on that.




No comments:

Post a Comment